Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Got Some New Wheels!

It happened so fast. One day my old Sportster is getting towed away, a few days later I come home with this. A 1973 FL, mostly stock, runs great, very low miles and has some upgraded goodies. Big thanks to Norm for hooking me up with this bike.

I know the bike I want to build out of it, but for now, for this season, its most likely going to stay the way it is. It runs and rides wayyy to good to start messing with it. It also has some cool local history and I'll post more on that later.

Its funny how things work out with stuff like this. If I were to sell my Sportster, this is the bike I would have wanted to find, and it found me instead....



I couldn't leave it alone though, I had to take the windshield off because I sit too low with the frame seat and the bags came off for a good cleaning. I see pogo seat with the old style fender mounted bags in it's future...

Hey, it matches my lunchbox nicely!
I may start calling this bike the "Solo Cup"

No comments:

Post a Comment